Tuesday, 19 June 2012
Tuesday, 12 June 2012
My friend recently sent me the perfect e-mail. She knew I would LOVE it! Love it I certainly did. I have no other choice to share it with you! Now You may have seen some of this around Pinterest, as I have, but it really is invaluable information.
1. Hull strawberries easily using a straw.
2. Look up! Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls against the ceiling,
rather than cluttering up the floor.
3. Gotcha! Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum
4. Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid.
5. For those who can't stand the scrunching and bunching: how to perfectly
fold a fitted sheet.
6. A tip for holiday packing. Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes. And you can find them in just about every hotel!
7. A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy. Magnets hold the plastic cups down to
make them tip-resistant.
8. Bread tags make the perfect-sized cord labels.
9. Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones – so much more fun and easier for kids
10. Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper bag. Much healthier and
cheaper than the packet stuff.
11. Brilliant space-saver: install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles. Genius!
12. Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes.
13. Win friends at breakfast with this heart-shaped egg tutorial
14. Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough over the top and voila
15. Freeze Aloe Vera in ice-cube trays for soothing sunburn relief.
16. Gutter garden: Create a window-box veggie patch using guttering.
17. Use egg cartons to separate and store your Christmas decorations
18. Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40
(also works on walls).
19. Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band.
20. Overhaul your linen cupboard – store bed linen sets inside one of their own
pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match.
21. Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone / iPod in a bowl – the concave shape
amplifies the music.
22. Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags
23. Add this item to your beach bag. Baby powder gets sand off your skin easily
24. Attach a Velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys
Now if you're not on Pinterest.. get on it!
Saturday, 2 June 2012
A few weeks back I saw a great beach themed canvas with fun words in one of my favourite shops! I desperately wanted to buy it, but when realising it was $95.00 - I knew I could make it myself for less than 1/4 of that price so I put on my DIY hat and got painting.
I purchased a canvas and used acrylic paint. I painted the background using a wipe cloth!
I then started painting the words using different sized stencils
I thought the stencil would be enough but later realised it needed to be neater! So I used a paint pen to create a neat edge around the letters.
Here it is completed! I am looking forward to finding somewhere in our new home to place it!
Like this project? Add it to Pinterest!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook